I want you to know that I have been thinking about you and all our retail partners during the COVID-19 crisis and share your concerns about its gravity, as well as the anxiety that accompanies this time of uncertainty and social distancing.
I hope that you and your families are safe and healthy, and actively taking part in efforts to slow down the spread of the virus. I believe that shelter-in-place orders and adhering to social distancing guidelines are the only way to get things back to normal as quickly as possible and have been urging everyone I know to take this approach not just in Denver where I live, but also in other cities and towns across the globe.
But I have decided not to get emotional about it, and have instead decided to put a concrete plan in place for maintaining my business and I wanted to keep you informed.
Many of our retailers, suppliers, and business contacts are adapting as best they can. Like you and many other small businesses, we’ve been looking at every chain of our operation to figure out how best to navigate this challenging landscape.
Our staff’s health and safety is a priority. Fortunately, most of our staff is in our production studio in Vietnam—because so far, the Vietnamese government appears to have been able to contain the spread of the virus. For a country with a population of more than 97 million with only 237 cases and no deaths. However, we have made the decision to halt our production for the next two months.
Here is a list of the other measures we are putting in place through the end of May.
- Our robust website is available for you to log into your account to search for ready-to-ship product, pricing, and to make purchases for your store. Take the time you have now to explore our site so you know how to navigate it. Perhaps put some items in your wish list for future purchases with certain clients in mind.
- Any product you see on the website is available for purchase now.
- If you are an existing customer, you should have access to our Google Drive for digital marketing collateral that will assist you in promoting our brand on your digital platforms.
- Custom and special orders, and some repairs, are being delivered within 4-6 weeks instead of 2-3 weeks. I do have a couple of my Vietnamese jewelers working from home to help me with jewelry emergencies.
- I am working from home and taking social distancing seriously. Our creative and merchandising teams are focusing on producing online, digital, and catalog events, many in collaboration with our retail partners. Please get in touch if you’re interested in pursuing this angle with us.
- Several of our Mother’s Day trunk show events were canceled. Our plan now is to bring a version of those trunk shows online or convert them into catalog sales for our retailers. If you are interested in producing an online promotion with us, please get in touch.
- We are exploring a number of creative solutions to keep the Nina Wynn customer engaged in, and passionate about, our product. We would love to hear your ideas as well.
Thank you for your patience with us during this unprecedented crisis. I look forward to continuing to work with you remotely. Being able to connect with, and support you during this time is very important to us. And we are grateful for your loyalty and cooperation.
Please stay safe and healthy,